Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My 11i Apps DBA OCP

After I passed my beta exam 1Z0-233 Oracle 11i Install, Patch and Maintain Applications and in order to be an Oracle 11i Apps DBA OCP, I had to be either 10g DBA OCP or 9i DBA OCP or the new 2 exams (apps fundamentals 1 & 2), so I applied for 10g and I passed the OCP. So far I am still waiting my 11i beta scoring sheet to see my mark but I guess I did very good on that beta exam I regret that I did not apply the other 2 beta exams (workflow and sysadmin) every one took any one of them (pass or fail) got a free voucher that can be used for the 11i certification program. I did not believe when they were on the path to be an apps dba specially the workflow and then oracle changed the 11i apps dba path (which is a correct step they took). No the path for apps dbas is more clear and more technical.

Have a good day
Fadi

6 comments:

Santosh K Balasundaram said...

same here. I regret now not appearing for sysadmin.
Anyways its great that Oracle has now a clear cut patch for apps dba.

fhasweh said...

yes sure, i think i will do the sysadmin soon.

fadi

Bas Klaassen said...

i did take the sysadmin beta exam and passed ! With the voucher I recieved I am taking the 10G OCA exam..

fhasweh said...

hi bas, thank you for sharing that with us, i thought the voucher can only be used for the Apps DBA path (Fundmental 1+2 and 11i install, patch and maintain) good to know that.
anyway good luck with your 10g exam

fadi

Bas Klaassen said...

I was not sure either...but I just tried.
For the sysadmin beta exam I also received the Oracle Certified Expert title....:)

fhasweh said...

congratulations, BAS and keep it up

fadi