Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Add new node to apps 2

Please read http://oracle-magic.blogspot.com/2008/02/add-new-node-to-apps.html before reading the steps below,

After finishing configuring the clone instance by running adcfgclone.pl I had to run the adaddnode.pl script according to note 464018.1.
While running adaddnode.pl I faced the following error
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00001: unique constraint (APPLSYS.AD_APPL_TOPS_U2) violated
ORA-06512: at line 16

I followed note 394615.1 to solve it and after I did the steps in the note I run adaddnode.pl again and I faced error related to AD_TIMESTAMPS_U1 I checked on metalink but I could not find anything then I search on google and found post by dave http://newappsdba.blogspot.com/2006/09/dont-hit-ctrl-c-while-running.html from his post I took a backup the ad_timestamps and then truncate it after that I run adaddnode.pl and it completed successfully.
Then I updated the xml file to have only the forms and web servers running on this new node following the same note 464018.1 I run autoconfig the start the service on both nodes a now able to access both nodes.

What I want to do now is to configure web cache as load balancer also I want to implement Step 2.4.1.2. Implement Forms Listener Servlet Support from note (Advanced Configurations and Topologies for Enterprise Deployments of E-Business Suite 11i) Note:217368.1 in order to have Forms Server Load Balancing, so when one form server go down in one node users will be connect to the other forms node.Because the current configuration if I am connect to webnode1 and forms on that node is down I will not be able to connect to forms and I will receive an error but if load balancing is implemented it will take me to the other working forms server node.


Fadi

No comments: